Coordinated by Terrapin, a business media company, the 2nd annual EduTECH Philippines 2018 will be held on 21-22 February at the SMX Convention Center in Manila, Philippines to bring together the entire education ecosystem to assess the future of Filipino Education.
EduTECH Philippines 2017 in Manila, Philippines. Photo: Senator Bam Aquino
Over 2,000 educators, policymakers, and technology leaders will attend the said conference to discuss new strategies, pedagogies, and innovations to help bring 21st century education to the Philippines.
With the theme "Technology Meets Pedagogy," the first day of the conference will be opened by Fr. Benigno P. Beltran, SVD, who will be keynoting on "Levelling the Playing Field." The talk will focus on bridging the digital divide to engage and empower learners to become productive citizens.
On the second day, Mr Ajay Kapur, President and CEO of Kadence Inc. will focus on accessibility and inclusiveness with the theme "Creative Education Leads to Innovation: Building an Accessible Global Network for Arts Education."
EduTECH Philippines 2018 will have 4 dedicated streams of content on K-12 leaders, Tertiary leaders, Vocational leaders and IT leaders. Over 100 inspirational speakersfrom across the Philippines and Asia will discuss key issues including K-10 – K-12 adoption, learning environments & spaces, digital transformation, staffing & training, infrastructure deployment, inclusive education, STEM, changing industry needs, blended learning, graduate employability, fighting poverty with specialised courses, sustainability, data and more.
The speakers at EduTECH Philippines 2018 include:
- Dir Jocelyn DR Andaya, Director IV, Bureau of Curriculum Development, DepEd
- Ervin Ramos Jr., Learning Objects Development Coordinator, Center for Innovative Learning Programs, De La Salle University – Dasmarinas
- Karina Veal, Senior Education Specialist, Asian Developmental Bank
- Mellissa Espiritu, Academic Executive, Veritas Catholic School
- Jeremy Cruz, Secondary school Principal, Department of Education - Paga-asa National High School
- Ericson Perez, Principal, One World School
- Peter Kompalla, Executive Director, German-Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Romae de Asis, Executive Vice-President, Metro-Dagupan Colleges
- Harold John Culala, Associate Professor, Institute of Education, Far Eastern University
- Francis Jim Tuscano, Educational Technology Specialist, Xavier School
- Colin Christie, Dean & Director of Digital Transformation, Enderun Colleges
- Louie B. Dasas, L.P.T., M.S., Chairperson, University of Santo Tomas, Senior High School
- Dr. Prof. Gil Nonato Santos, Vice-Chancellor, De La Salle University Science & Technology complex
- Dr Rex Bernardo, Basic Education Sector Transformation Disability Advisor, DepEd
- Jason de Villa, Director, ICT Office, University of Asia and the Pacific
- Engr. Gerardo S. Doroja, Dean, Xavier University
- Perry Hobson, Pro Vice Chancellor, Taylor's University Malaysia
- Shielilo Amihan, Dean - College of Arts, Sciences and Education, University of Perpetual Help System Dalta (UPHSD
- Director Ronilda M Co, Director IV of the DepEd Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Service (DRRMS), Department for Education
- Niel Dagondon, Chairman, CIIT College of Arts and Technology
Alongside the conference, an exhibition will be held to showcase the latest in education technology with over 30 industry players and up-and-coming start-ups showcasing their products and a full-fledged makerspace with hands-on activities designed using maker tools.
The event will also feature the very popular #teachtechtalks – a platform for the teachers and by the teachers on using tech in the classroom and the TECH Showcase theatre featuring the latest edtech deployments in schools.
Additionally, there will also be 4 featured Back-to-School workshops equipping educators with practical strategies for the implementation and adoption of new pedagogies and innovations in their classrooms.